WRITING FOR HIGHER ED
ann kellett, ph.d.
services & samples
- Speeches and talking points
- Narratives for personal statements and for funding and other proposals
- Op-eds, blog posts, columns for stakeholder publications, and other thought leader narratives
rewriting for general audiences
marketing and promotional materials
Over There in the Air: The Fightin' Texas Aggies in World War I, 1917-1918I provided initial developmental editing and copy editing for Over There in the Air (Texas A&M University Press, 2019), by John A. Adams, Jr., which chronicles the emergence of aerial warfare during World War I and the contributions of Texas A&M aviators.
A Freelancer's Guide to Difficult ClientsThis short guide, published the Editorial Freelancers Association, breaks down the different categories of difficult clients that emerged from my survey of other freelancers (the bully, the rule changer, and so on) and gives practical tips for correcting the situation.
Interviewing Relatives for Your Family HistoryI had so much fun conducting interviews for my doctoral dissertation that I wrote this short ebook to help people get interesting and important information from their living relatives for their family histories.
- I earned a B.A. in English from Hendrix College (Conway, Arkansas).
- I earned an M.Ed. and a Ph.D. in higher education administration (both with a PR focus) from Texas A&M University.
- My doctoral dissertation was only the second to receive both Dissertation of the Year and the T.M. Stinnett Award for Research Excellence.
- I was in Leadership Texas (now Leadership Women), a year-long program for 100 women leaders.
- I was awarded an Administrative Fulbright Grant to Japan.
- My work has received recognition from IABC, CASE, and other organizations.
- My mystery/suspense fiction also has received several honors, including this and this.